- 12-Feb-2013 to 21-Jul-2013 (EST)
- Field Operations
- Calgary , AB, CAN
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefit Package
MATCOR is looking for Senior Corrosion Technologist to join our engineering team. Our Senior Technicians oversee, schedule, supervise and perform duties involved with assessment, testing, evaluation and installation of cathodic protection systems. They will also provide expertise in evaluating corrosion on various structures and work with clients to assess and achieve objectives related to customer projects, needs and specifications.
- Supervise single and multi-site crews; function as leader for crews of various sizes and experience, ranging from 2-6 full or part-time employees.
- Supervise subcontractors by monitoring work performed, resolving issues and conflicts, ensuring adherence to client and MATCOR safety requirements.
- Manage client projects: Supervise construction, monitor costs, develop quote, resolve client issues, handle all aspects of client interaction, attend client meetings, compile data for client report.
- Assess and monitor construction activities for adherence to design and client specifications.
- Quote and prepare proposals, particularly ECDA (External Corrosion Direct Assessment) projects; accountable for quoting and execution of work; submits data and makes recommendations for final report.
- Recommend equipment and subcontractors needed to complete project.
- Decide on-site matters involving technical issues, crew and client using independent judgment and discretion by drawing on professional expertise and industry standards.
- Conduct specific test procedures to gather data for evaluation purposes.
- Work with Engineers in analyzing requirements and the design of appropriate corrosion control measures.
- Diagnose and recommends remedies for system difficulties observed during survey.
- Manage client expectations within scope.
- Function as Crew Leader.
- Recommend system modifications as needed.
- Work with Engineers in the preparation of survey reports and final job reports.
- Provide maintenance of field test equipment, ensure good operating condition.
- Frequent standing and walking required throughout the day.
- Occasional climbing required.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and twisting required.
- Occasional computer-related activities, such as typing and viewing a computer monitor are required.
- Requires travel to project and client sites.
- Frequent driving is required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Greater than 10 years experience.
- Basic Operator Qualifications, as required.
- NACE Level III Certification or equivalent.
- CP Specialist Certification, preferred.
- Canada and Alberta specific requirements and certifications.
- Associates Degree, preferred.
This position involves travel on average 50% of the time however if you live in a remote location, likely more than 75% on average.